Yard Associate - (Yard/Forklift/Warehouse)
Brand Vaughan Lumber Company is looking for a Yard Associate for our Midland Ga location. Routine duties include pulling orders for delivery, operating a forklift, loading and unloading trucks, stocking inventory and keeping warehouse and yard clean. Other duties may be assigned. All duties must be performed in a safe manner. Previous lumber yard and forklift experience is preferred.
Under direct supervision performs a variety of warehouse and yard activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine laborer tasks on a regular schedule such as pulling orders for delivery, unloading trucks, stocking inventory and keeping warehouse and yard clean and safe
- Responds to special requests such as moving, carrying materials by hand or hauling materials with a cart or forklift.
- Loads trucks for delivery
- Double checks material pulled against pick ticket to ensure accuracy
- Understands and observes safety policies and practices in order to prevent injuries to oneself or coworkers
- Other duties may be assigned as appropriate
Knowledge of safety policies while performing job responsibilities
Knowledge of company products/inventory available at location
Must have the ability to read and comprehend pick tickets and load building logic
High school diploma or General Education Development (GED); or equivalent work experience
This is an entry level position where the associate will receive on-the–job training
Ability to pass background check and drug and alcohol screens
Work is performed primarily in an outdoor environment and warehouse and is subject to variations in temperature and weather. Can be extreme heat and or cold. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
Click Here To Apply.
Brand Vaughan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE